The Student News Site of Fort Collins High School

Spilled Ink

Spilled Ink

Spilled Ink

Follow our Instagram

@fchsspilledink: The Lambkin cross country team raced at FCHS this morning against other local schools. Both the boys and girls placed third.

Summer school registration open

Summer+school+registration+is+available+until+June+6+for+physical+education+and+June+25+for+the+rest+of+the+courses.+
Summer school registration is available until June 6 for physical education and June 25 for the rest of the courses.

As the school year closes and classes end, many students are busy making plans for vacations, jobs, or relaxation. 

Others are getting ready to continue in summer school. 

Summer school is not only an option for making up credits in failed classes, but also a way to meet graduation requirements while maintaining room for electives.

“Because music is a year-round class, it takes up a lot of students’ academic opportunities within our building,” Counselor Kristin Flanagan explained. “So sometimes, students will take finance, economics, or some other classes through summer school so they can continue the path they want to take.”

A wide variety of classes, ranging from math to PE, are available in summer. PSD offers only required classes, and there are no options for AP or CP classes.

All of these classes are online, self-paced with workloads ranging from 4-6 units, and can be done from home. Enrolled students will need to check out a laptop and charger from school, and should contact their counselor for instructions.

Students can sign up for one class at a time, and most students can get multiple classes done in one summer.

To register for online summer school courses, parents must log in to ParentVUE and enroll their student for 2023-2024 Secondary Summer School Session 2 using the registration button in the upper right corner of the home page.

Registration is available until June 6 for physical education and June 25 for the rest of the courses. Classes are available from Monday, June 3 at 8:00 a.m. to Friday, June 28 at 3:00 p.m.